Hello dear tennis lover friends, we are again here with some best tennis racquet for intermediate player. Want to know why?
Because we already receive the good news that you have completed the beginner level and reached the next level. From now, you are an intermediate tennis player, and it’s high time to leave your old lightweight racquet and pick something more substantial.
Unlike the beginner level, now you don’t need a lightweight racquet which generates all the power, but at this intermediate level, you need one which can provide you more control for improving your game. But choosing the best racquet among the plenty of options available on the internet can be a tough job for you. So, for your easy selection, we have come up with a list of the best racquet for intermediate player.
Before starting out with the detail, let’s check out the tennis playing benefits. I’m sure your are gonna get more interest after reading this. Well, if you are done with that, let’s dive into the main part of the article.
- 1 How To Choose a Tennis Racquet For Intermediate Players
- 2 Best Intermediate Tennis Racquets
- 3 1. Babolat 2018 Pure Aero Tennis Racquet
- 4 2. Wilson Ultra 100 Countervail Tennis Racquet
- 5 3. Prince Textreme Tour 100P Racquets
- 6 4. Wilson Hyper Hammer 5.3 Tennis Racquet
- 7 5. Babolat-Pure Strike 100 Tennis Racquet
- 8 6. Wilson Blade 98 16×19 Countervail Tennis Racket
- 9 7. HEAD MicroGel Radical Tennis Racquet (Strung)
- 10 8. HEAD MicroGel Radical OS Tennis Racquet (Strung)
- 11 9. Wilson Burn 100S Tennis Racquet
- 12 FAQs
- 13 Verdict
How To Choose a Tennis Racquet For Intermediate Players
We do realize that you already know things that should consider for buying a tennis racquet; still, here we find few pre-requisites of purchasing the best tennis racquet for the intermediate player. (Buying Guide)
- Find some extra control
As a beginner, you need to focus on power and hitting way the ball correctly. But now you are at an intermediate level, so you need to feel your game and shift your focus on the touch. These will bring a super control on your racket. You will get all the control form the racquet that you will hold in your hand.
- The racquet should be slightly heavier
A slightly heavier racquet can become a primary key for an intermediate player. But remember one thing; do not buy an extremely heavy racquet. It can make you tired quickly. As a result, you may be injured. A little bit heaviness of racquet can help to improve your balance more.
Cost is another variant which you should consider before buying your racquet. You have to make your choice among entry-level, mid-level, and high-level racquet in the racquet world.
A mid-level racquet asks a higher price range compared to other product due to its latest feature and technology while an entry level racquet comes at a low price but lacks durability and a few highlights.
- Extra Spin
Another important feature you may look in for on tennis racquet for the intermediate player is the spin. As it is a convenient feature, you can find it in most of the racquets easily. The string pattern of your racquet determines the Spin.
- Perfect grip
And finally, you need to check the grip material in your selected racquet. The advanced model of the racquet for intermediate level should have more stable grip for delivering powerful shots efficiently to the opponent. The excellent grip is also essential for a comfortable feeling also.
For making short your searching, here we listed a handful best tennis racket for you. Please make your choice among these racquets and start your brand new journey as an intermediate level player. Let see the list:
Best Intermediate Tennis Racquets
- Babolat 2018 Pure Aero Tennis Racquet
- Wilson Ultra 100 Countervail Tennis Racket
- Prince Textreme Tour 100P Racquets
- Wilson Hyper Hammer 5.3 Tennis Racquet
- Babolat-Pure Strike 100 Tennis Racquet
- Wilson Blade 98 16×19 Countervail Tennis Racket
- HEAD MicroGel Radical Tennis Racquet (Strung)
- HEAD MicroGel Radical OS Tennis Racquet (Strung)
- Wilson Burn 100S Tennis Racquet
Before ordering, I suugest to read a more detail of each of the rackets stated above. Reviews are as below:
The new Babolat 2018 Pure Aero tennis racquet is one of the premium products ever made for intermediate players. Even the famous tennis star Raphael Nadal also uses this model.
The racquet comes with pretty intense colors and aesthetics. This new version has a beautiful feel and control also. This top-rated model is robust, customizable, user-friendly, spin-friendly, and comes with the highest level of stability for giving maximum control over every slot.
The technical details are much easy to understand. It has 11.3 ounces of weight when strung along with 4 points head light balance, which make it superior. It helps to generate each shot more powerful with its 326 swing weight. Similarly, the 69 RA stiffness rating is excellent for all players to use.
- Pure aero.
- Endorsed by Raphael Nadal.
- It offers high control and better spin.
- Ideal for all intermediate and advanced level player.
- The maximum level of comfort.
- Few drawbacks are noticed.
Wilson Ultra 100 Countervail is another best tennis racquet for intermediate player which comes with ultra spin and ultra power. This updated version of Wilson’s offers various advanced technology including the Countervail material, Crush Zone grommets, and Power Ribs.
The 11.2 oz weight and large head size when strung make it ideally perfect for all the intermediate players who need to polish up their previous tennis skills. It has enough spin which strikes the ball hard all time and a great response from its baseline along with a sizeable cute spot.
Stability and accuracy are somewhat questionable here, but almost all players are satisfied with it’s above all performance. Whether you are an aggressive or a defensive player one, this racquet will deliver spin and sufficient energy on the serves with more control and pace.
- Easily affordable.
- Vibration dampening material along with countervailing technology.
- Crispy feel.
- Large head size with better control and large cute spot.
- An excellent choice for the intermediate and advanced level player.
- Stability and accuracy is questionable.
Prince Textreme Tour 100P racquet is next item in our best tennis racquet for intermediate player list. It is featured with Texteme material in its shaft with a lower hoop that helps to increase its stability incredibly, adding any stiffness, giving it a right blend of control and power.
In each swing, it can deliver a fantastic amount of power. You will love to give special thanks to the 18 X 20 string pattern because it helps a lot in hitting groundstrokes form its baseline and generating more power. Another outstanding feature is its responsive and reliable feel, and this is precisely what all tennis player needs on their court.
If you are hitting a shot or returning a serve or going for the volley, it doesn’t matter; you will get a great shot in every single time from this racquet.
- Specially made for intermediates and advanced level players.
- Seven point head light.
- Comfortable and lightweight.
- Large head size with a sweet cute spot.
- Maybe not great for advanced level players.
- It comes unstrung.
Hyper Hammer 5.3 is another favorite tennis racquet from Wilson. It is also the best tennis racquet for intermediate player. This product comes with a great size head of 110 sq. in and a 27.5 inches length. This fantastic structure will help to provide more extended reach and generate extreme power.
It uses Hyper Carbon, which is stiffer, four times strong and 65% lighter in contrast to titanium, it can provide you the limitless playing experience on the court. According to the name of this racquet, it uses Hammer Technology for a large sweet spot and extreme lightweight profile.
For the beautiful advanced technological integration, it is one of the most potent racquets ever made by Wilson. The built quality and the used technology can increase your overall performance on the racquet.
- The most powerful racquet ever made by Wilson.
- With new Hammer technology, it is built light as a feather.
- It swings heavy.
- Supersize head with a large sweet spot.
- You may have to compromise with stability.
- Too much power is maybe uncomfortable for you.
Are you looking for more spin in your tennis racquet? Here we presented the Babolat-Pure Strike 100, which is another best tennis racquet for intermediate female player. It comes with 11 oz strung weight.
The Pure Strike 100 is also the best choice for you if you like to be agile and quick on the court. It will also help you to look into the baseline and surprise the opponents by receiving the ball early.
Delivering the phenomenal maneuverability it can make you a serious competitor. Though the racquet is a little heavier than the older version, it can boost the beneficial headlight balance. You may feel a little unstable, but it is an overall powerful racquet. On thing I want to mention here that I consider this one as one of the best babolat racket for intermediate female players.
- Provide better stability and control to the player.
- Racquet delivers phenomenal maneuverability.
- Great for serve and volleying.
- It is best for those who want to be rash on the net and love to make a surprise to the dangerous opposite.
- A little bit small sweet spot.
- Slightly heavier than the previous model.
There are a few racquets which can compete with the Wilson Blade 98 (16X19) countervail racquet. Wilson is a popular brand and famous for quality and delivering fantastic performance on the tennis court.
This racquet is far different from your regular tennis gear. It is designed with a professional style of playing and relying more on your reaction and skills. If you may feel some problem at the beginning of use, but once you start to use it, you will get to know its real power. It is different from regular tennis racquet from almost all aspects. Such as swinging it feels unique.
Most of the Wilson Blade 98 (16X19) users say that you may need about thirty minutes to get familiar with the real power of this legendary tennis racquet. But after the period, it will arrive in tune with your body movements and presents its beauties on the court. In short, this can be counted as one of the best wilson tennis racket for intermediate players.
- Three points headlight.
- Different feel and responsiveness.
- Extremely light in weight.
- Nice sweet spot.
- Have to wait some time to get used to,
- It comes unstrung.
HEAD is one of the leading and popular brands of tennis racquets and have been introduced plenty of fantastic gear till now. The MicroGel Radical is one of them even it is the best tennis racquet for intermediate player.
The HEAD MicroGel Radical is familiar for its unique construction. It has an extended head width which helps to generate more top Spin natural with every shot. It also featured with HydroSorb grip for increased comfort and maximum airflow.
The racquet features MicroGel/Graphite composite with a 98 sq in head size and an 18 X 20 string pattern for maximum stability and accuracy. The oversize version weight is 11.1 oz while during strung, the racquet weights only 11 oz. Overall it is light in weight and a well-balanced racquet to use. It is also able to provide maximum control and stability.
- Great for an intermediate and advanced level player.
- Able to provide maximum control and stability.
- Designed to add a natural top Spin in each sho
- Provide a comfortable touch and a solid feel.
- Not perfect enough for the beginners.
- Small sweet spot.
One of the best head racquets for intermediate players is this one. Among the intermediate players, HEAD becomes a very famous brand. The main reason is the versatility of these products. One such product is the MicroGel Radical OS tennis racquet.
The MicroGel technology is an updated lineup from the manufacturer. The frame of the racquet head is constructed with this MicroGel material. The excellent combination of carbon composite fibers and MicroGel allows the racquet to provide superior shock absorption, distribution, and re-absorption.
It comes with an oversized design for that you will feel comfortable to get a good hit every time. It will also help you to provide more control, create more spin on the ball, flex at impact, and power.
The racquet is designed such a way that can provide you maximum power for making attacking shots. It able to provides high spin both on the ground and off the ground. You will feel entirely comfortable with the racquet no matter wherever you are playing with it.
- State of the art MicroGel technology.
- It provides maximum control.
- Light swing weight.
- Scalpel style racquet.
- Broad appeal.
- Very comfortable.
- The oversize head size provides more surface area to minimize your chance to miss a shot.
- Smaller sweet spot.
- Not recommended for beginner.
Like other Wilson racquets, the Burn 100s is also tremendous and best tennis racquet for intermediate player. Just after you take the gear on your hand, you will feel how much the racquet is stable. That means you will get an excellent grip during the match.
If you are looking for a baseline, then the Wilson Burn 100S may be the best with 18X16 string patterns. It comes with the exclusive Spin Effect Technology, which will help you to get sharp angles on the court and more precision based shots.
Burn 100S has a large sweet spot with large head size and a durable shaft which has got the strength and stiffness to smash some beautiful and powerful hits on the court.
You will enjoy the feel of this gear, though it is recommended that do a little worm up like backhands, forehands, half-court, etc. and then go with the full speed.
- Simple, sleek, and stylish design.
- It offers powerful hitting.
- Though it is lightweight, it is powerful.
- One of the best spin-friendly racquets.
- Top Wilson racquet for intermediate players
- The package is unstrung, and no cover is included
- Price is comparatively high than other similar product.
- No warranty.